MONROE, Conn. — Firefighters were able to keep a fire that erupted in a garage from spreading to the attached home on Saturday morning, Monroe firefighters said in a Facebook post.
The Monroe Volunteer Fire Department were busy on Saturday. At 7:40 a.m., firefighters were alerted to smoke in the residence at 7 Osborne Lane. While enroute, emergency dispatch advised units that there was a 911 call for a structure fire at 70 Osborne Lane, just down the street from the original call, firefighters said.
The first units redirected to the blaze in the structure, where firefighters found a working fire in the garage of the home, according to the Facebook post.
The Stevenson Volunteer Fire Company assisted Monroe firefighters at the garage blaze. The damage was confined to the garage, and no injuries were reported.
The Stepney Fire Department handled the original call, which was determined to be a malfunctioning appliance.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.