NORWALK, Conn. — Thick smoke from the burning of a significant amount of marijuana greeted Norwalk officers as they executed a search-and-seizure warrant Tuesday at a Norwalk residence, police said.
Officers from the Special Services Division executed the warrant at 8 Muffin Lane, and Zachary Fisher, Sean Michalski and Michael Doyle were found inside, police said .
The kitchen area was full of thick smoke as officers searched the residence, police said.
Officers found 200.36 grams of marijuana, four jars of wax marijuana, several trays of homemade edibles believed to be laced with marijuana and $8,137 in cash, police said.
Officers also seized drug paraphernalia, including a scale, vacuum sealer, packaging materials, food materials used to produce the suspected marijuana-laced edibles, and multiple cellphones believed to be used in the trafficking and sales of narcotics, police said.
The home contained a sophisticated surveillance system that included a monitor showing multiple angles of both the interior and exterior of the dwelling, police said. Such systems are often used by narcotics dealers to make them aware of any police presence, police said.
Fisher, 25; Michaelski, 22, and Doyle, 23, were each charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance or over a half-ounce of marijuana;
- Sale/possession with intent to sell a controlled substance or over a half-ounce of marijuana;
- Possession of a controlled substance within 1500 feet of a school;
- Possession of a controlled substance with the intent to sell within 1,500 feet of a school;
- Possession of drug paraphernalia;
- Possession of drug paraphernalia within 1,500 feet of a school; and
- Operating a drug factory.
Fisher's bond was set at $20,000. Michalski and Doyle's bonds were set at $10,000 each.
On Feb. 3, 2016, the home at 8 Muffin Lane was the subject of a search warrant where 2.7 pounds of marijuana, 5.57 grams of cocaine, and $ 15,540 were seized. Fisher was arrested and charged with numerous narcotics offenses at that time.
The search warrant executed Tuesday was secured by Officer Brian Barrett after a narcotics investigation that focused on this residence.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.