FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Connecticut news viewers witnessed perhaps the most cringe-worthy story of the week on Wednesday when WFSB meteorologist Scot Haney mistakenly ate cat vomit off the studio floor on live TV.
While filming from the WFSB Eyewitness News Channel 3 studio in Rocky Hill, Haney ate what he thought were remnants of his Grape-Nuts cereal breakfast off the floor, much to the dismay of his co-anchors.
"I can't believe you just ate that," said anchor Irene O'Connor.
But the real shocker was later revealed when Haney delivered his “Trending Now” segment, admitting that he had eaten cat vomit tracked into the studio from the bottom of his shoes.
“I thought it was Grape-Nuts,” Haney said. “I ate cat vomit – right here on television. It’s disgusting.”
The vomit-eating video, which has gone viral, can be seen on the WFSB website, here .
On his Twitter account Thursday afternoon, Haney tweeted, "Who knew that cat puke could bring international coverage! Lol!" He also discussed the incident on “Better Connecticut,” available on YouTube .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.