NORWALK, Conn. -- The Cultural Alliance of Fairfield County will hold an information about grants available from the Connecticut Office of the Arts on Feb. 29 at the Stepping Stones Museum for Children in Norwalk.
The Connecticut Office of Arts has announced four state-wide funding opportunities with an intent-to-submit deadline of March 15. The grants are as follows:
- FY2017 Arts and Community Impact Project Grants - New or adapted arts-based projects that create meaningful relationships with non-arts stakeholders and connect intrinsic values of the arts to identifiable community need. $5,000-10,000; $10,000-20,000.
- FY2017 Arts Learning Project Grants - Arts in education-based projects that engage partners to advance teaching and learning in the arts, through quality arts engagement, arts integration, arts exploration and discovery experiences in a community setting. $5,000-20,000.
- FY2017 Public Art Community Project Grants - Provides funding for community based public art projects. $5,000-$20,000
- FY2017 Supporting Arts in Place (operating support) - Predominantly unrestricted operating support determined via funding calculations primarily generated from organizational data.
- FY2017 Regional Initiative Grants ($1,000-$4,000) will also be discussed. The deadline for the Regional Initiative grants is July 29, 2016.
For the first four grant types above, an intent to submit must be filed by March 15, using COA’s on-line e-granting portal. Applicants must create an account, or sign in. For more information call 203-772-2788.
There will be further information sessions on Thursday, Feb. 25 at 9 a.m. at Northwest Connecticut Arts Council in Torrington; on Thursday, Feb. 25 from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut in Danbury; on Friday, Feb. 26 at 10 a.m. at the Community Foundation for Greater New Haven. Additional sessions will be announced once they become available.
The information session on Feb. 29 will begin at 2 p.m. Stepping Stones Museum for Children is located at 303 West Ave. Click here to RSVP.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.