NORWALK, Conn. -- Several roads in Norwalk will be closed on Saturday morning for the SoNo Half Marathon and 5k.
The race starts at 9 a.m. in Veterans Park and will finish by 12:30 p.m. The Norwalk Police Department will have officers at traffic posts throughout the race route. Drivers are encouraged to avoid the area while the race is occurring or expect delays.
The following roads in Norwalk will have closures on Saturday morning:
- Washington Street: Closed from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Ann Street: Closed from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- North Water Street: Closed from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- North Main Street: Closed from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- South Main Street between Washington Street and Monroe Street: Closed from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Monroe Street: Closed from 9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Stroffolino Bridge westbound: Closed from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Seaview Avenue eastbound: Closed between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- No westbound traffic on Fort Point past Van Zant Street from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- No northbound traffic on Flax Hill Road past Taylor Avenue from 9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
- No southbound traffic on East Avenue from Fitch Street to Winfield Street from 9:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- No southbound traffic on Cove Avenue from 10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- I-95 northbound exit 16 ramp: Closed from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Wall Street eastbound from Main Street to East Avenue: Closed from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Martin Luther King Drive, West Avenue and East Avenue will have one lane coned off for runners.
Motorists should be observant for runnings and use caution when traveling near the race route. Additional race information is available at www.sonohalf.com .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.