NORWALK, Conn. – The Norwalk Mad Bull youth wrestling program continued to shine in recent holiday competitions.
In the Bristol Holiday Tournament, Norwalk wrestlers earned 14 medals, including six championships. At a tournament in Bethel last weekend, five Mad Bulls took home gold medals and 10 others also won medals.
Leading the way for the Mad Bulls is fourth-grader Koy Price, who has posted an 11-0 mark against some of the best competition from New York and Connecticut.
“We have a few kids that have suffered their first loss of the season and seem to shake it off and learn from their mistakes,’’ coach Art Schad said. “They have been conditioned to take one match at a time as they move on to the next opponent more determined than ever.”
Schad said Price, in particular, is reaping the benefits from hard work in training. “Koy is one of those kids that will work on a move tirelessly until he gets it to near perfection,’’ Schad said.
The Mad Bulls have 40 wrestlers in grades K-8. They will travel to a tournament this weekend in Southington.
“It’s been an impressive run so far at this early stage of the wrestling season,’’ program director Randy Haus said. “The kids have stepped up the pace and are going into some tough competition and are faring very well. They just strive to get better each week.”
- 1 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk High Band Marches To Title In National Contest
- 4 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of Norwalk Man On The Job
- 5 Woman’s Death After Being Struck By Metro-North Tops Norwalk Week’s News