NORWALK, Conn. – Two boys from the Madbull youth wrestling program in Norwalk won titles and nine others captured medals in the first tournament of the season last weekend in New Milford.
Koy Price and Mikey Bartush were crowned champions. Team captain Sam White, Jakari Walker, Charlie Prather, Artie Cocchia, Jeff Cocchia and Nicky Singer won silver medals, and Quint Bartush won a bronze.
The tournament featured nearly 300 wrestlers from New York and Connecticut. The Madbull wrestlers are in kindergarten through eighth grade.
“We were competitive all day long and took home some medals, but more importantly the kids had a blast as they got to use some new moves and work on their wrestling technique against other competitors that we have yet to wrestle against,’’ program director Randy Haus said.
Quint Bartush erased a 9-1 deficit going into the third period and pinned his Wilton opponent to win the bronze.
“In practice we preach all season long that the hard work will eventually pay off, today the kids stepped it up and had a good day,” Haus said.
- 1 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 2 Norwalk Roads To Temporarily Close On May 25 For Parade
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Holiday Will Change Norwalk Trash Pickup Schedule
- 5 Norwalk, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades