NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk Mad Bull wrestlers Nicky and Jason Singer competed in the Mighty-Mite and Bantam state championships last week in Stamford.
Nicky finished third in his weight division, while Jason failed to place after winning his first match. The rest of the Mad Bull wrestlers will compete in a state qualifier this weekend in Milford. The top four wrestlers in each weight class this weekend advance to next weekend’s state championships in New Haven.
Nicky Singer lost his first match to Waterford’s Luke Chapman, 10-8, before dominating the rest of the tournament with three consecutive pins.
Coach Randy Haus said the Singer boys only started wrestling in October and have already elevated improved dramatically. Nicky is 4-years-old and Jason is 6-years-old.
“There are not too many four-year-olds that can get out there on the mat and keep their composure, we see a huge upside to the Singer boys starting so young and having success this early in their careers,’’ Haus said. “If Nicky sticks with it, he’ll have 10 years of experience before even getting to high school.”
For more information about the Mad Bulls, visit the team website.
- 1 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 3 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48