NORWALK, Conn. – Four players from the Norwalk Packers eighth-grade football team played for a Colonial League All-Star team earlier this month as part of the American Youth Football championship weekend in Kissimmee, Fla.
Nick Granata, Jeff Capone, Jimmy Makszin and Greg Gudalewski played for the Colonial All-Stars. Granata, a quarterback, and Makszin, a two-way lineman, were co-captains. Capone played defensive end and Gudalewski played on the offensive line.
Capone had eight tackles and five sacks, while Granata threw a touchdown pass. Makszin played well on both sides of the ball and Gudalewski started on the offensive line for the Colonial All-Stars.
The players competed for the Packers in the Norwalk Youth Football League, which is sponsored by the Norwalk Athletic Association.
- 1 Norwalk Trio Charged With Attempted Thefts At Stop & Shop
- 2 Bridgeport's Beverly Pizza House A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 3 Norwalk Ranks Among State's Best Towns To Live In
- 4 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 5 Bridgeport Man Charged In Death Of Infant Son In Norwalk