NORWALK, Conn. – Four players from the Norwalk Packers eighth-grade football team played for a Colonial League All-Star team earlier this month as part of the American Youth Football championship weekend in Kissimmee, Fla.
Nick Granata, Jeff Capone, Jimmy Makszin and Greg Gudalewski played for the Colonial All-Stars. Granata, a quarterback, and Makszin, a two-way lineman, were co-captains. Capone played defensive end and Gudalewski played on the offensive line.
Capone had eight tackles and five sacks, while Granata threw a touchdown pass. Makszin played well on both sides of the ball and Gudalewski started on the offensive line for the Colonial All-Stars.
The players competed for the Packers in the Norwalk Youth Football League, which is sponsored by the Norwalk Athletic Association.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park
- 3 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 4 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters