NORWALK, Conn. – Four players from the Norwalk Packers eighth-grade football team played for a Colonial League All-Star team earlier this month as part of the American Youth Football championship weekend in Kissimmee, Fla.
Nick Granata, Jeff Capone, Jimmy Makszin and Greg Gudalewski played for the Colonial All-Stars. Granata, a quarterback, and Makszin, a two-way lineman, were co-captains. Capone played defensive end and Gudalewski played on the offensive line.
Capone had eight tackles and five sacks, while Granata threw a touchdown pass. Makszin played well on both sides of the ball and Gudalewski started on the offensive line for the Colonial All-Stars.
The players competed for the Packers in the Norwalk Youth Football League, which is sponsored by the Norwalk Athletic Association.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 3 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report