NORWALK, Conn. – Four players from the Norwalk Packers eighth-grade football team played for a Colonial League All-Star team earlier this month as part of the American Youth Football championship weekend in Kissimmee, Fla.
Nick Granata, Jeff Capone, Jimmy Makszin and Greg Gudalewski played for the Colonial All-Stars. Granata, a quarterback, and Makszin, a two-way lineman, were co-captains. Capone played defensive end and Gudalewski played on the offensive line.
Capone had eight tackles and five sacks, while Granata threw a touchdown pass. Makszin played well on both sides of the ball and Gudalewski started on the offensive line for the Colonial All-Stars.
The players competed for the Packers in the Norwalk Youth Football League, which is sponsored by the Norwalk Athletic Association.
- 1 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49
- 2 Norwalk Man Charged In January Dispute With Neighbor Involving Ax
- 3 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Husband Remembers WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi At Stamford Service
- 5 Norwalk Will See Frigid Wind Chills Through Early Week