NORWALK, Conn. – Two Norwalk eighth-grade football players will play Saturday in a Football University national championship playoff game in Ohio.
Dre Russell and Courtlyn Victrum will play for the Connecticut South team against a team from Massachusetts in a third-round game. The winner advances to the quarterfinals Sunday.
Russell and Victrum were part of a Connecticut team that won two games last weekend, including a 28-0 win over Long Island in the second round. Connecticut also beat a team from New York City last weekend and did not surrender a touchdown in two games.
The winners from the Ohio region will advance to the semifinals in San Antonio on Jan. 4. The semifinal winners play for the national title Jan. 6.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 Muse Paintbar Adds Unique Alternative To Norwalk Nightlife
- 4 Madelene Lovullo Horgan, 56, Of Norwalk, Senior VP, The Nine West Company
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street