NORWALK, Conn. – Two Norwalk eighth-grade football players will play Saturday in a Football University national championship playoff game in Ohio.
Dre Russell and Courtlyn Victrum will play for the Connecticut South team against a team from Massachusetts in a third-round game. The winner advances to the quarterfinals Sunday.
Russell and Victrum were part of a Connecticut team that won two games last weekend, including a 28-0 win over Long Island in the second round. Connecticut also beat a team from New York City last weekend and did not surrender a touchdown in two games.
The winners from the Ohio region will advance to the semifinals in San Antonio on Jan. 4. The semifinal winners play for the national title Jan. 6.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk
- 5 Supporters Gather In Norwalk To Hear From Bernie Sanders