WILTON, Conn. -- For the first time in the 80-year history of the championship, Rolling Hills Country Club in Wilton will host the Connecticut Open.
The event is slated for Monday, July 28, to Wednesday, July 30. Spectators are welcome, and admission is free. Parking is available at the soccer fields parking lot just past Ambler Farm on Hurlbutt Street.
Here is the schedule of events:
- Monday, July 28, first round, 18 holes.
- Tuesday, July 29, second round, 18 holes.
- Wednesday, July 30, final round, 18 holes.
Tee times are scheduled from 7:30-9:30 a.m. and 12:30-2:30 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday. The low 40 players, including ties, will advance to the final round on Wednesday beginning at 7:30 a.m.
The 80th Connecticut Open will mark the fifth CSGA major championship hosted by Rolling Hills Country Club.
Rolling Hills Country Club, established in 1961, is on property that was once part of the historic Ambler Farm. This sprawling parcel of land is distinguished by its scenic rolling hills, which inspired the club’s name. The course was originally designed by Alfred Tull in 1960 and renovated by Roger Rulewich in 2002.
The Connecticut State Golf Association awarded Rolling Hills Country Club with the 2011 Distinguished Club Award in honor of its 50th anniversary and longtime support of the association. In addition, Rolling Hills Country Club’s head golf professional, Ray Ford, was honored by the Metropolitan PGA with the Patriot Award in 2013 for his work raising funds for The Folds of Honor Foundation through two successful pro-ams.
Rolling Hills Country Club features an 18-hole championship golf course, a six-lane swimming pool, eight tennis courts, a 300-seat ballroom, casual and formal member dining rooms, two outdoor patios and a bar/lounge.
Rolling Hills Country Club is at 333 Hurlbutt St.
- 1 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 2 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 3 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk