WILTON, Conn. -- Four Wilton Wahoos swimmers were among the Top 10 in times for the short course season in their age groups, according to a recent report from USA Swimming.
Weston’s Hugo Sykes is ranked ninth for 15-year-old boys in the 50-yard freestyle. Ian Rainey of Westport placed fourth in the 1,000-yard freestyle, seventh in the 1,650-yard freestyle and eighth in the 400-yard individual medley for 18-year-old boys; Max Dolan of Southbury ranked seventh in the 400 IM for 18-year-old boys; and, Kylee Perry of Norwalk placed third in the 50-yard freestyle and seventh in the 100-yard freestyle for 15-year-old girls.
Rainey has committed to the University of Michigan.
The Wahoos also made the National Top 10 List with the 15- to 18-year-old boys 800-yard freestyle relay. Rainey and Dolan teamed with Tommy Kealy of Wilton and Dan Krentsa of Brookfield for the eighth-ranked swim of the year.
Three other Wahoos fell just short of the National Top 10 honors with finishes inside the Top 20. Those swimmers are Robby Giller of Wilton, who placed 18th in the 1,650-yard freestyle for 14-year-old boys; Stephen Holmquist of Wilton who ranked 19th in the 1,000-yard and 1,650-yard freestyles for 17-year-old boys; and Verity Abel of Westport who placed 18th in the 1,650-yard freestyle for 17-year-old girls.
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Norwalk Man Gets 7 Years In Prison For Shaking His Daughter To Death