RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – A rower from Ridgefield joined forces with a teammate from Harrison, N.Y., on Tuesday to earn a berth on the United States team that will compete in the World Rowing Junior Championships next month in Hamburg, Germany.
Meghan Galloway of Ridgefield and Liliane Lindsay of Harrison swept the women’s pair races at the Junior World Trials in Mercer Lake in New Jersey. Galloway rows for the Connecticut Boat Club, which is based in Norwalk.
Galloway and Lindsay posted a time of 7:45.28 in Tuesday’s second final, winning the race by about 20 seconds. Both girls were also members of the women’s eight that competed at the 2013 World Rowing Junior Championships.
“Coming off of a less-than stellar result at worlds last year, I think we’re both eager to get back out there and show what we can do,” Lindsay said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Norwalk Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued