FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The University of Connecticut is only the second No. 7 ever to reach the Final Four in the NCAA Basketball Championships.
UConn (30-8) advanced to semifinals by beating No. 4 seed Michigan State, 60-54, on Sunday afternoon at Madison Square Garden in New York, cheered on by many hometown fans.
This is the fifth time the Huskies have advanced to the Final Four, but it's the first time under head coach Kevin Ollie. It's their third Final Four in the last six years.
UConn will play No. 1 seed Florida at 6:09 p.m. Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
No. 8 Kentucky takes on No. 2 Wisconsin in the other Final Four matchup at 8:49 p.m. Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- 1 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 2 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 3 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk