NORWALK, Conn. -- Swimmers from the Zeus Swim Team in Norwalk set three club records in the recent Connecticut Senior Championships at Wesleyan University.
Records were broken by Nick Wargo (17) in the 100 freestyle, and Anthony Dell'Isola (16) in the 1,000 and 1,650 freestyle. In the process, Wargo won the 100 freestyle, while Dell'Isola placed second in the 1,650 freestyle and fourth in the 1,000 freestyle. On the girls side, Olivia Haskell (16) placed seventh in the 50 freestyle.
There were several first-time swimmers for the Zeus team at the Senior Open Championships. One new swimmer, Hayley Linder (13) qualified for the USA Sectional Championships.
Other rookie Zeus swimmers at the Senior Championships were Emily Reinoso (14), Jessica Rodney (16), Liam Colleran (13), Lindsey Dell'Isola (15), Nikolas Gupta (15), and Clare Murray (17), all did best times in their events and performed well on the relays representing Zeus.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Norwalk Man Faces Phone Theft Charges at Stew Leonard's
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 4 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 5 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital