NORWALK, Conn. – A coed cheerleading team from Norwalk-based Xtreme Cheer won first place last weekend at the Platinum Athletic Championships in Providence, R.I. It is the first national title for the squad, which began competing just last year.
The team, called Inferno, includes athletes ages 17-and-up. The Level 5 team finished ranked among the top 20 in the world last year and competed in international competition against 50 of the top teams in the world last year.
Mike Talbot, the co-owner of the Xtreme with his wife, Dana, is a member of Inferno. He is a former cheerleader at the University of Connecticut.
Other members include Norwalk’s Sophia Buitrago, Frank Stasheko and Anthony Munoz; Greenwich’s Eliana Betzios, Jackson McGoldrick and Camille Monette; Stamford’s Hanna Gilpatrick and Jay Ruffin; Wilton’s Amanda Sirois and Westport’s Maddy Mann. Other team members from outside lower Fairfield County are Alex Birch, Ashley Brennan, Jessie Baum, Alyssa Vidulich, Cindy Gurka, James Simmons, Dayne Blackwood, Angel Neris, Benjamin Porter, Ricky Carter, Sequan Morgan and Dilmer Bonefacio.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 National Weather Service: Norwalk's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 3 Norwalk Schools Receive $1.1 Million Grant For Common Core
- 4 Patient At Danbury Hospital Undergoing Testing For Enterovirus
- 5 Newest Section Of Norwalk River Valley Trail A Hit For Runners, Bikers