NORWALK, Conn. – A coed cheerleading team from Norwalk-based Xtreme Cheer won first place last weekend at the Platinum Athletic Championships in Providence, R.I. It is the first national title for the squad, which began competing just last year.
The team, called Inferno, includes athletes ages 17-and-up. The Level 5 team finished ranked among the top 20 in the world last year and competed in international competition against 50 of the top teams in the world last year.
Mike Talbot, the co-owner of the Xtreme with his wife, Dana, is a member of Inferno. He is a former cheerleader at the University of Connecticut.
Other members include Norwalk’s Sophia Buitrago, Frank Stasheko and Anthony Munoz; Greenwich’s Eliana Betzios, Jackson McGoldrick and Camille Monette; Stamford’s Hanna Gilpatrick and Jay Ruffin; Wilton’s Amanda Sirois and Westport’s Maddy Mann. Other team members from outside lower Fairfield County are Alex Birch, Ashley Brennan, Jessie Baum, Alyssa Vidulich, Cindy Gurka, James Simmons, Dayne Blackwood, Angel Neris, Benjamin Porter, Ricky Carter, Sequan Morgan and Dilmer Bonefacio.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 4 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 5 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut