NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk's Triangle Community Center and the Bridgeport Sound Tigers are teaming up for the You Can Play Project to fight homophobia in sports.
On March 2, the Triangle Community Center will partner with other organizations on the second annual You Can Play Day at the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport. The event will promote equality, respect and safety for all athletes, regardless of sexual orientation.
You Can Play Day is set to include a panel discussion with LGBT athletes, a special You Can Play Bridgeport Sound Tigers game against the Utica Comets and post-game play by the NYC Gay Men’s Hockey League, according to a release. All proceeds from the event will go toward benefiting the ongoing missions of the You Can Play Project and the Triangle Community Center.
Tickets can be purchased online on TCC’s website for $20 per ticket.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk