NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk native Silas Redd has signed a free agent contract to play in the NFL with the Washington Redskins, according to ctpost.com
The former standout at King Low Heywood Thomas in Stamford spent his first two years playing for Penn State and rushed for more than 1,200 yards in his sophomore season. Redd then transferred to USC amid the heavy sanctions levied against Penn State because of the Jerry Sandusky sex-abuse scandal, ctpost.com reported.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 Driver Of Norwalk Transit Bus Ticketed After Crash On MLK Drive
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say