NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk native Silas Redd has signed a free agent contract to play in the NFL with the Washington Redskins, according to ctpost.com
The former standout at King Low Heywood Thomas in Stamford spent his first two years playing for Penn State and rushed for more than 1,200 yards in his sophomore season. Redd then transferred to USC amid the heavy sanctions levied against Penn State because of the Jerry Sandusky sex-abuse scandal, ctpost.com reported.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Norwalk Mayor Rilling Quietly Gets Married