NORWALK, Conn. – Former Norwalk High baseball star Matt Iannazzo has signed to pitch this summer with the Bridgeport Bluefish of the Atlantic League.
Iannazzo pitched for the past year years in the minor leagues with the Chicago Cubs. The lefthander was also a standout at the University of Pittsburgh.
“We’re excited to bring a local product like Matt on board for this season,” Bluefish manager Willie Upshaw said on the team website. “He was very impressive during a recent workout for us and we think he can succeed in this league.”
Iannazzo pitched for the Boise Hawks and Kane County Cougars last year. Both teams are Single A affiliates of the Cubs. He went 2-2 with a 3.38 ERA in 31 relief appearances. He had 35 strikeouts and pitched 41 2/3 innings.
Iannazzo was signed as a free agent by the Cubs in 2012 after a standout career at Pitt, where he set the school record for victories.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say