NORWALK, Conn. – Former Norwalk High baseball star Matt Iannazzo has signed to pitch this summer with the Bridgeport Bluefish of the Atlantic League.
Iannazzo pitched for the past year years in the minor leagues with the Chicago Cubs. The lefthander was also a standout at the University of Pittsburgh.
“We’re excited to bring a local product like Matt on board for this season,” Bluefish manager Willie Upshaw said on the team website. “He was very impressive during a recent workout for us and we think he can succeed in this league.”
Iannazzo pitched for the Boise Hawks and Kane County Cougars last year. Both teams are Single A affiliates of the Cubs. He went 2-2 with a 3.38 ERA in 31 relief appearances. He had 35 strikeouts and pitched 41 2/3 innings.
Iannazzo was signed as a free agent by the Cubs in 2012 after a standout career at Pitt, where he set the school record for victories.
- 1 Dr. Eugene M. Lipira, 65, Member, Soundview Medical Associates In Norwalk
- 2 Man’s Arrest After Tearing Off Ear While On Drugs Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 3 Norwalk Mom's Future Burns Bright With Candle-Making Business
- 4 Norwalk Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer
- 5 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School