NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk’s Rocco Cundari, a senior from Southern Connecticut State University, was named the Northeast-10 Pitcher of the Year by the league’s head coaches.
Cundari went 5-2 with a 0.85 ERA during the regular season for Southern Connecticut, which won the Southwest Division title. He struck out 63 batters and walked 15 in 11 games, including nine starts. He did not allow more than two earned runs in any of his nine starts, and picked up two saves in two relief appearances.
The Owls finished the season with a 24-15-1 record. Their season ended with a 10-4 loss to Adelphia in the Northeast-10 Tournament. Cundari had his rockiest outing of the season, allowing 11 hits over 6 1/3 innings and eight runs.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint