NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk’s Patti Sciglimpaglia, a sophomore at the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford, was named the Great Northeast Athletic Conference softball Player of the Week.
Sciglimpaglia delivered on the mound and at the plate for the Bluejays. She went went 2-1 with a 0.78 ERA in 18 innings as St. Joseph played in a tournament in Myrtle Beach, S.C. She threw a three-hit shutout against Gallaudet and a four-hitter in a 6-1 win over Albright.
She hit .500 (12-for-24) with a home run and a triple. She also scored nine runs.
Saint Joseph went 4-4 in Myrtle Beach. Her sister and catcher, Mary, also started every game and is hitting .261 with five RBIs.
Both women were standouts at Norwalk High School.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Norwalk Police Identify Pedestrian Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Norwalk