NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk’s Patti Sciglimpaglia, a sophomore at the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford, was named the Great Northeast Athletic Conference softball Player of the Week.
Sciglimpaglia delivered on the mound and at the plate for the Bluejays. She went went 2-1 with a 0.78 ERA in 18 innings as St. Joseph played in a tournament in Myrtle Beach, S.C. She threw a three-hit shutout against Gallaudet and a four-hitter in a 6-1 win over Albright.
She hit .500 (12-for-24) with a home run and a triple. She also scored nine runs.
Saint Joseph went 4-4 in Myrtle Beach. Her sister and catcher, Mary, also started every game and is hitting .261 with five RBIs.
Both women were standouts at Norwalk High School.
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Norwalk Man Gets 7 Years In Prison For Shaking His Daughter To Death