NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk’s Patti Sciglimpaglia, a sophomore at the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford, was named the Great Northeast Athletic Conference softball Player of the Week.
Sciglimpaglia delivered on the mound and at the plate for the Bluejays. She went went 2-1 with a 0.78 ERA in 18 innings as St. Joseph played in a tournament in Myrtle Beach, S.C. She threw a three-hit shutout against Gallaudet and a four-hitter in a 6-1 win over Albright.
She hit .500 (12-for-24) with a home run and a triple. She also scored nine runs.
Saint Joseph went 4-4 in Myrtle Beach. Her sister and catcher, Mary, also started every game and is hitting .261 with five RBIs.
Both women were standouts at Norwalk High School.
- 1 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 2 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 3 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk