The award was presented at PTR's annual awards during the 2014 PTR International Tennis Symposium in Hilton Head, S.C. The award is presented to a PTR member in the United States who has shown dedication and diligence in promoting and supporting tennis and PTR.
Tyler is founder and owner of Slammer Tennis World, a program dedicated to motivating and educating people through tennis. The company is recognized as a USTA Community Tennis Association (CTA), and received USTA New England’s CTA of the Year Award in 2008.
Tyler is also the director of tennis for the City of Norwalk’s Recreation and Parks Department, responsible for running tournaments, after-school programs, junior and adult programs and summer camps, which are held throughout Fairfield County.
Tyler is a USTA Tournament Director for New England, has served on the board of the New England Tennis Association, and is a lifetime member of the American Tennis Association. In 2007, he received a Men of Distinction Award from the NAACP of Dutchess County, N.Y.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,600 members in 121 countries.
Last week's symposium included 40-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament.
- 1 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 2 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 3 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk