WILTON, Conn. -- Norwalk’s Ky-lee Perry, swimming for the Wilton Wahoos, won the 50-meter freestyle event Tuesday at the YMCA National Long Course swimming championships in Indianapolis.
Perry’s victory was one of several highlights for the Wahoos on the first full day of finals. Westport’s Verity Abel finished in the top three in two events, and Tommy Kealy finished second in the 100 butterfly.
Perry won the 50 free in 25.95. She came back to anchor the Wahoos in the 200 free relay, which finished third. The other girls on the team were Chelsea Pond, Emma Holmquist and Abel. Perry’s anchor leg of 25.14 brought the Wahoos up from seventh place and into third.
Abel was second in the 1,500 free and third in the 400 free. Robby Giller of Wilton was ninth in the boys 1,500 free.
Kealy took second in the 100 butterfly to Zachary Molloy of New Jersey. Kealy swam 55.53, while Malloy won in 55.4.
Holmquist was fifth in the 200 breast, and Alyssa Storino was seventh. Max Dolan (fifth) and Sam DeLise (seventh) finished high in the boys 200 breast.
The meet continues through Friday. Results are online.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Norwalk Man Faces Phone Theft Charges at Stew Leonard's
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 4 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 5 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital