NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk's River Rowing youth teams took home three trophies from the ISA Sculling Championship in Princeton, N.J.
The teams took home the Varsity Mens Trophy, Large Team Mens Trophy and Lightweight Mens Trophy, all awarded for the sculling events. All together, the men and women earned seven gold, five silver, and four bronze medals, according to a press release. The regatta featured 42 clubs competing over two days at Mercer Lake in New Jersey.
"Nine Norwalk residents propelled boats winning nine of Norwalk River’s medals," said a press release.
Brian Helms and Kevin Conover won golds in the men’s second varsity double and the second varsity four plus coxswain. Conover also brought home a silver in a men’s second varsity quad. Will Pacella took a gold in the men’s second varsity four plus coxswain and a silver in the second varsity quad.
Dan Ely rowed to gold in the second varsity four plus coxswain and a bronze in the second varsity double, while Vishesh Ramesh coxed the gold-winning second varsity four plus coxswain. Chris Martensson took a silver in both the men’s second varsity quad and a lightweight quad, while Ben Hufnagel took a silver in the men’s novice eight and a bronze in the men’s novice quad.
Bronzes were also won by Victoria Markow in the women’s novice eight and by Joel Ayala in the men’s novice quad, according to the release.
- 1 Dr. Eugene M. Lipira, 65, Member, Soundview Medical Associates In Norwalk
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Man’s Arrest After Tearing Off Ear While On Drugs Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 4 Chowdafest VIP Tickets Now On Sale In Norwalk
- 5 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts