NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk River Rowing opened its spring regatta season on Saturday, April 5, by winning three gold medals at the Greenwich Invitational.
The regatta, held in Greenwich at Grass Island in a strong wind, featured 13 crews from Connecticut and New York. Most the teams had been practicing on the water for only a few weeks after a brutal winter.
The girls second novice eight captured Norwalk River’s first gold of the day with five rowers making their racing debuts. Norwalk resident Grace Luppino held the pace for the novice eight sitting stroke seat.
Norwalk River’s next gold came from the boys junior varsity eight. Brian Helms was stroke and Vishesh Ramesh guided the eight-man crew as coxswain.
The day culminated with a gold medal for Norwalk River Rowing’s boys in the premier event, the first varsity eight.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Chowdafest VIP Tickets Now On Sale In Norwalk
- 3 It’s Go Time for Snapper Fishing in Norwalk
- 4 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Norwalk Fire, Police And Public Works Host Open House And Touch-A-Truck