NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk River Rowing opened its spring regatta season on Saturday, April 5, by winning three gold medals at the Greenwich Invitational.
The regatta, held in Greenwich at Grass Island in a strong wind, featured 13 crews from Connecticut and New York. Most the teams had been practicing on the water for only a few weeks after a brutal winter.
The girls second novice eight captured Norwalk River’s first gold of the day with five rowers making their racing debuts. Norwalk resident Grace Luppino held the pace for the novice eight sitting stroke seat.
Norwalk River’s next gold came from the boys junior varsity eight. Brian Helms was stroke and Vishesh Ramesh guided the eight-man crew as coxswain.
The day culminated with a gold medal for Norwalk River Rowing’s boys in the premier event, the first varsity eight.
- 1 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 3 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48