NORWALK, Conn. – Thirteen wrestlers from the Norwalk Mad Bulls qualified for the state championships and six won titles at a regional tournament Sunday in Milford.
Koy Price, Jakari Walker, Nehemiah Harris, Nick Augeri, Jeff Cocchia and Dean Tsiranides won crowns in Milford. Three other state qualifying tournaments were held throughout the state. The top four wrestlers from each qualifer advance to this weekend’s state championships.
Sam White, Mike Santalucia, Mikey Bartush and Patrick Coulter finished second for the Mad Bulls. Max Schwartz, Charlie Prather and Artie Cocchia also qualified for the state tournament. Norwalk took 17 wrestlers to Milford, and 13 of them qualified for the state meet.
“We came in to the qualifier well prepared, the kids are peaking at the right time and finishing strong,’’ program director Randy Haus said. “We are very pleased with the effort of the entire Mad Bull wrestling squad today and look forward to the State Open.”
Coach Art Schad also praised the kids in the program.
“Our practices are getting pretty intense this time of year, the kids are in great shape pushing each other every single day,“ Schad said. “They’re having a lot of fun and working very hard at the same time, no one quits on this team."
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 5 Where To Eat Out In And Around Norwalk On Thanksgiving