NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk's Kelly Gouin, an eighth-grade student at King in Stamford, has been named a 2014 Brine National All-Star and has been selected to represent the Connecticut region at the 2014 Brine National Lacrosse Academy and Brine National Lacrosse Classic. He will participate in both in Boyds, Md., from June 30-July 3.
Gouin is the son of Danny and Kathy Gouin. His father is the head football coach at King.
The Brine National Lacrosse Academy brings the top middle school lacrosse players in the country to one venue, where regional teams will compete to become the 2014 national champion. They are coached by NCAA lacrosse coaches.
Gouin plays middle and attack, and participates in the Norwalk Junior Lacrosse League. He is the leading scorer for the King middle school team.
The complete list of Connecticut players on the Brine All-Star teams are online.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged Again With Running Hole-In-One Insurance Scam
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Police: Georgia Man Bites Doctor At Norwalk Hospital
- 4 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Raid That Left Norwalk Man Dead
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Norwalk