NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk High School graduate D.J. Morrell did not hear his name called during the 2014 NFL Draft, but he did not have to wait long to find a job in professional football, according to the Virginian-Pilot.
Morrell, who is graduating from Old Dominion University, in Norfolk, Va., signed with the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent on Sunday shortly after the draft concluded, according to the article.
Morrell, 22, is listed at 6-foot-6, weighs 325 pounds and plays both right guard and right tackle. He started all 25 games he played for Old Dominion after transferring from Dean Junior College in Franklin, Mass., according to his biography page.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts