NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk High School graduate D.J. Morrell did not hear his name called during the 2014 NFL Draft, but he did not have to wait long to find a job in professional football, according to the Virginian-Pilot.
Morrell, who is graduating from Old Dominion University, in Norfolk, Va., signed with the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent on Sunday shortly after the draft concluded, according to the article.
Morrell, 22, is listed at 6-foot-6, weighs 325 pounds and plays both right guard and right tackle. He started all 25 games he played for Old Dominion after transferring from Dean Junior College in Franklin, Mass., according to his biography page.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk
- 5 Supporters Gather In Norwalk To Hear From Bernie Sanders