NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk High School graduate D.J. Morrell did not hear his name called during the 2014 NFL Draft, but he did not have to wait long to find a job in professional football, according to the Virginian-Pilot.
Morrell, who is graduating from Old Dominion University, in Norfolk, Va., signed with the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent on Sunday shortly after the draft concluded, according to the article.
Morrell, 22, is listed at 6-foot-6, weighs 325 pounds and plays both right guard and right tackle. He started all 25 games he played for Old Dominion after transferring from Dean Junior College in Franklin, Mass., according to his biography page.
- 1 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49
- 2 Norwalk Man Charged In January Dispute With Neighbor Involving Ax
- 3 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Husband Remembers WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi At Stamford Service
- 5 Norwalk Will See Frigid Wind Chills Through Early Week