NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk High School graduate D.J. Morrell did not hear his name called during the 2014 NFL Draft, but he did not have to wait long to find a job in professional football, according to the Virginian-Pilot.
Morrell, who is graduating from Old Dominion University, in Norfolk, Va., signed with the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent on Sunday shortly after the draft concluded, according to the article.
Morrell, 22, is listed at 6-foot-6, weighs 325 pounds and plays both right guard and right tackle. He started all 25 games he played for Old Dominion after transferring from Dean Junior College in Franklin, Mass., according to his biography page.
- 1 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Crash Cleared From I-95 Southbound In Norwalk
- 4 Meteor Shower From Halley's Comet Tail Will Be Visible In Fairfield County
- 5 Ridgefield Hedge Fund Exec Gets 33 Months In Prison For $46M Fraud Scheme