NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk High School graduate D.J. Morrell did not hear his name called during the 2014 NFL Draft, but he did not have to wait long to find a job in professional football, according to the Virginian-Pilot.
Morrell, who is graduating from Old Dominion University, in Norfolk, Va., signed with the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent on Sunday shortly after the draft concluded, according to the article.
Morrell, 22, is listed at 6-foot-6, weighs 325 pounds and plays both right guard and right tackle. He started all 25 games he played for Old Dominion after transferring from Dean Junior College in Franklin, Mass., according to his biography page.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint