NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk High School graduate D.J. Morrell did not hear his name called during the 2014 NFL Draft, but he did not have to wait long to find a job in professional football, according to the Virginian-Pilot.
Morrell, who is graduating from Old Dominion University, in Norfolk, Va., signed with the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent on Sunday shortly after the draft concluded, according to the article.
Morrell, 22, is listed at 6-foot-6, weighs 325 pounds and plays both right guard and right tackle. He started all 25 games he played for Old Dominion after transferring from Dean Junior College in Franklin, Mass., according to his biography page.
- 1 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park
- 2 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 3 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 4 'Shark Tank' Star Mark Cuban Anchors Yacht Off Stamford Harbor
- 5 Feds Raid 'Subway Guy' Jared Fogle's Home In Child Porn Investigation