NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Youth Basketball fifth grade boys basketball stretched its winning streak to eight games with a pair of wins over the weekend.
Norwalk, which won a holiday tournament in Bridgeport, defeated Darien on Saturday in a Fairfield County Basketball League game, 31-22, in a battle between two of the top teams in the division. Norwalk extended its streak with a 32-19 win over St. Mary’s on Sunday.
“It was a big game because we knew Darien was also a good team,’’ coach Charwin Agard said after the win over Darien. “You always want to be No. 1. We wanted to come out and play well.”
Tad Condon-Carr and Ras Fisher had 12 points apiece to lead Norwalk. Fisher had 10 of his 12 points in the first half when Norwalk built an 18-10 halftime lead. Condon-Carr had six third-quarter points after Darien trimmed Norwalk’s lead to 18-14. Fisher had Norwalk’s only other points in the third quarter.
Norwalk bothered Darien with its pressing defense and superior height. Norwalk improved to 10-3 overall and is 6-0 in the B Division of the league.
The team faces another important game Sunday when it meets second place Fairfield at Fairfield Ludlowe.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 5 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced