GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich High grad Colin Dunster scored two goals Sunday for Bryant University as the Bulldogs stunned second-seeded Syracuse, 10-9, in the first round of the NCAA men’s lacrosse tournament.
Bryant (16-4), ranked No. 19 in the country, advances to the quarterfinals Saturday against seventh-seeded Maryland. Syracuse finishes the season at 11-5.
Dunster, a senior midfielder, has 35 goals and 46 points. He has started since his sophomore year, and led the team in scoring last year with 34 goals and 48 points.
Bryant, coached by Wilton native Mike Pressler, has a large Fairfield County presence on its roster. Ridgefield freshman Brett Baker has seen a lot of time on the field for the Bulldogs.
Other players from Fairfield County on the Bryant roster include freshman Drew D’Antonio, from Brien McMahon in Norwalk; Stamford's Jack Clippinger; Weston's Robert Cordisco; Easton’s Kevin Maiorano; Ridgefield’s Charles South; New Canaan’s William Gould; and Fairfield’s Joe Marx.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud In Norwalk