NORWALK, Conn. – Nine girls from the Norwalk-based Beachside Soccer Club have made commitments to join college programs. Six other Beachside girls are also planning to play college soccer.
Ridgefield’s Anna Borea (Fairfield), Amanda Berta (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute), Nicole Rioseco (Amherst College), Amy Reunert (St. Lawrence University), Anna Kurkowski (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) and Jenny Kreps (University of Chicago) plan to continue playing soccer in college.
Westhill’s Aleksandra Maciejewski (Gettysburg College), Grenenwich’s Stephanie Gittings (Connecticut College) and Rachel McDermott of King School in Stamford (Union College) will also continue playing.
The other six girls from Beachside who plan to continue in college are still making their choices.
"The achievements of this group of young women are a milestone for our club,’’ director Mickey Kydes said. “This year we won our first girls state championship at U14 and our U17-18 girls will be competing at the prestigious DIsney Tournament in Orlando over the holidays, the first Beachside Girls team to be invited there. I am very proud of our girls coaching staff. Gabriel Stan, Nathan Riddiough, Alin Andrei, and Felipe Ribeiro have worked with patient dedication for many years to improve the soccer landscape for Connecticut girls."
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Newest Section Of Norwalk River Valley Trail A Hit For Runners, Bikers
- 3 Feds Award $161 Million Grant To Replace Aging Train Bridge In Norwalk
- 4 Hospitals In Norwalk, Danbury Testing Suspected Cases Of Enterovirus
- 5 Norwalk’s Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Hosts Flea Market