Norwalk GBA sixth-grade girls held a commanding 10-point lead after three quarters in the Fairfield County Basketball League "A" Division finals, but they could not hold it. A speedy Wilton team wore down Norwalk, frustrating them with a full-court press in the fourth quarter. Norwalk was shut out 14-0 in the final frame, dropping the title game, 32-28.
Shania Osborne did all she could to help her team, scoring a game-high 14 points. Osborne was exhausted, though, having been the runner-up in the one-on-one championships just before the title game. Wilton began to double and sometimes triple cover Osborne, coming up with more and more steals.
The game seemed well in hand after three quarters when Whitney Fulton hit a three-pointer at the buzzer to put Norwalk up 28-18. Fulton finished second on the team with five points. Asiah Knight was the only other Norwalk player to score more than one field goal, finishing with four points.
Norwalk GBA sixth-grade girls finish the season at 15-3.
Do you have a game recap AND pictures of your child's youth sports event you would like to see on our website? Email sports reporter Eric Gendron.
Follow Gendron on Twitter for the latest MSC sports coverage.
- 1 Norwalk Trio Charged With Attempted Thefts At Stop & Shop
- 2 Bridgeport's Beverly Pizza House A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 3 Norwalk Ranks Among State's Best Towns To Live In
- 4 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 5 Bridgeport Man Charged In Death Of Infant Son In Norwalk