FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Fairfield County rowers are well represented in USRowing’s Fan’s Choice Finalists for Rower of the Year awards. The poll is co-sponsored by row2k Media.
Fairfield’s Rosie Grinalds, Saugatuck Rowing's Harrison Malec and Maritime Rowing Club’s Graham Mink are among the five finalists for Rower of the Year. Masters rowers from Fairfield County on the ballot are Paul Green of Westport-based Saugatuck Rowing, and Laurie Devitt of Maritime Rowing Club.
New Canaan’s Charlie Cole, who won a bronze medal at the 2012 Summer Games, is on the ballot for the National Team Rower of the Year.
Wilton’s Guenter Beutter of the GMS Rowing Center in New Milford is on the ballot for the Junior Coach of the Year.
The winners will be honored at the Golden Oars Awards Dinner in November in New York. People can vote on the row2k.com website. Voting ends Oct. 22.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report