FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Fairfield County will be well represented in the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference state football tournament. Teams from Westport, Greenwich, Stamford and Weston unofficially clinched playoff bids Thursday.
The playoff pairings will be released Friday, along with sites and starting times.
Staples will be the No. 1 seed in Class LL and will play No. 8 West Haven. Greenwich will be the No. 6 seed and will play No. 3 Xavier.
In Class L, New Canaan enters the tournament as the No. 6 seed and will play No. 3 Avon. Weston is No. 6 in Class M, and will play No. 3 Ellington/Somers.
Trinity Catholic earned its first playoff berth since 1993 in Class S. The sixth-seeded Crusaders will play No. 3 North Branford.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 2 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Driver Charged With Killing Pedestrian In Hit-And-Run Crash In Norwalk
- 5 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home