EASTON, Conn. – Easton triathlete Chris Thomas finished 10th overall and first among amateurs Sunday in the 70.3-mile Ironman race in Syracuse, N.Y.
Thomas completed the race in 4 hours, 9 minutes and 27 seconds. He won his age group by more than 3 minutes and finished the race nearly 13 minutes ahead of last year’s time, when he also won his age group and finished fourth overall. The 70.3-mile race consists of a 1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike ride and 13.1-mile run.
Thomas, 42, is the owner of Personal Training Professionals in Southport.
Earlier this month, Thomas was the top amateur in a 70.3-mile race in Cambridge, Md., and finished second overall in the Pat Griskus Olympic Distance triathlon in Middlebury. Thomas was the seven-time defending champion in the event.
Thomas' next race is the Griskus Sprint distance triathlon on July 9. His major races are the Ironman 70.3 World Championships in September and the Ironman World Championships in October.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Death Of Man Who Drowned After Bridgeport Bar Fight Is Ruled A Homicide