DANBURY, Conn. – Runners who want to support the families affected by the Newtown tragedy can sign up for a race slated for the Western Connecticut State University campus in Danbury.
The 5-kilometer Sandy Hook Run For the Families will take place March 23 at 10 a.m. The race will start and finish at the O’Neill Center on the college’s Westside campus and will not leave the college grounds. There will also be a fun run for children ages 2-11.
The race is being organized by the Hartford Marathon Foundation, which has experience with a variety of recreational events, including the Hartford Marathon, Niantic Bay Triathlon and Litchfield Hills Triathlon and Duathlon. The foundation is seeking sponsors to cover race expenses.
Proceeds will benefit the Sandy Hook School Support Fund, administered by the United Way in partnership with Newtown Savings Bank. Complete information is available on the race website.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say