DANBURY, Conn. – Runners who want to support the families affected by the Newtown tragedy can sign up for a race slated for the Western Connecticut State University campus in Danbury.
The 5-kilometer Sandy Hook Run For the Families will take place March 23 at 10 a.m. The race will start and finish at the O’Neill Center on the college’s Westside campus and will not leave the college grounds. There will also be a fun run for children ages 2-11.
The race is being organized by the Hartford Marathon Foundation, which has experience with a variety of recreational events, including the Hartford Marathon, Niantic Bay Triathlon and Litchfield Hills Triathlon and Duathlon. The foundation is seeking sponsors to cover race expenses.
Proceeds will benefit the Sandy Hook School Support Fund, administered by the United Way in partnership with Newtown Savings Bank. Complete information is available on the race website.
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Mom's New Candle-Making Business Tops Norwalk Week’s News