DANBURY, Conn. – Runners who want to support the families affected by the Newtown tragedy can sign up for a race slated for the Western Connecticut State University campus in Danbury.
The 5-kilometer Sandy Hook Run For the Families will take place March 23 at 10 a.m. The race will start and finish at the O’Neill Center on the college’s Westside campus and will not leave the college grounds. There will also be a fun run for children ages 2-11.
The race is being organized by the Hartford Marathon Foundation, which has experience with a variety of recreational events, including the Hartford Marathon, Niantic Bay Triathlon and Litchfield Hills Triathlon and Duathlon. The foundation is seeking sponsors to cover race expenses.
Proceeds will benefit the Sandy Hook School Support Fund, administered by the United Way in partnership with Newtown Savings Bank. Complete information is available on the race website.
- 1 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later
- 5 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores