DANBURY, Conn. – Runners who want to support the families affected by the Newtown tragedy can sign up for a race slated for the Western Connecticut State University campus in Danbury.
The 5-kilometer Sandy Hook Run For the Families will take place March 23 at 10 a.m. The race will start and finish at the O’Neill Center on the college’s Westside campus and will not leave the college grounds. There will also be a fun run for children ages 2-11.
The race is being organized by the Hartford Marathon Foundation, which has experience with a variety of recreational events, including the Hartford Marathon, Niantic Bay Triathlon and Litchfield Hills Triathlon and Duathlon. The foundation is seeking sponsors to cover race expenses.
Proceeds will benefit the Sandy Hook School Support Fund, administered by the United Way in partnership with Newtown Savings Bank. Complete information is available on the race website.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 1984 Tragedy Near Norwalk Recalls Power Of Long Island Sound
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 Darien Police Charge Norwalk Man With DWI Outside Pumpkin Carnival