DANBURY, Conn. – Runners who want to support the families affected by the Newtown tragedy can sign up for a race slated for the Western Connecticut State University campus in Danbury.
The 5-kilometer Sandy Hook Run For the Families will take place March 23 at 10 a.m. The race will start and finish at the O’Neill Center on the college’s Westside campus and will not leave the college grounds. There will also be a fun run for children ages 2-11.
The race is being organized by the Hartford Marathon Foundation, which has experience with a variety of recreational events, including the Hartford Marathon, Niantic Bay Triathlon and Litchfield Hills Triathlon and Duathlon. The foundation is seeking sponsors to cover race expenses.
Proceeds will benefit the Sandy Hook School Support Fund, administered by the United Way in partnership with Newtown Savings Bank. Complete information is available on the race website.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Death Of Man Who Drowned After Bridgeport Bar Fight Is Ruled A Homicide