NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk has a long and storied tradition of excellent high school baseball players, but Bryan Daniello solidified his status as one of the best. Daniello will be among the honorees Monday at the eighth annual Fairfield County Sports Night Hall of Fame dinner at the Hyatt Regency Greenwich as Norwalk's Sports Person of the Year.
Daniello culminated his high school career at Brien McMahon this past spring by earning numerous awards, including being named the Connecticut Gatorade Player of the Year. Daniello was also the conference MVP and selected to the Class LL All-State Team in each of the last two years.
Daniello excelled all over the diamond – on the pitcher’s mound, in the infield at shortstop and in the batter’s box. He had a .403 batting average, 19 RBIs, seven home runs and a .584 on-base percentage. Pitchers often chose to pitch around him so he drew 27 walks. He also had a slugging percentage of .871 and 20 stolen bases.
During his senior year as a pitcher, Daniello had an 8-1 record with seven complete games and a 1.22 earned run average. He had a 15-6 record and a 1.37 ERA while striking out 171 batters in 158 2/3 innings during his career.
Daniello will take his talents to the University of Connecticut next season.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare