NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk’s Lee Krost is one of 10 finalists in a promotion by the National Football League to win a trip to the Super Bowl.
To win the trip, the NFL is inviting fans to vote for the 10 finalists. People can vote and view the other finalists online. The contest is among people who shared their stories about why they love football.
Krost, 74, is the quarterback of a flag football team in Stamford. “I came out there the first week, and I got these looks,’’ Krost said on the NFL video. “Where’s his wheelchair? But all of a sudden, you start playing some games, you start picking them apart, you start winning. And you get a little bit of a respect. And then a little bit more respect. I hate to brag, but I’m lighting it up, baby.”
Krost led his team, “Leegion,” to an undefeated regular season in the Stamford league. The team lost in the first round of the playoffs.
Krost played in college at Randolph-Macon College, and had a semi-pro stint with the Richmond Vikings. He had a tryout with the Baltimore Colts, whose quarterback at the time was Johnny Unitas.
People can vote for Trost once a day through Dec. 23. “I’m out there to win,’’ Krost said on the NFL video. “I don’t care how old I am.”
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued