NORWALK, Conn. – All three Norwalk Little League teams advanced to the championship round of the District 1 Tournament and will continue their quests for district titles Monday.
Norwalk’s 12-year-old All-Stars meet Stamford National at 7:30 p.m. Monday at Stamford’s Scalzi Park. Norwalk went 3-1 in pool play and earned the second seed in Pool A.
After losing its opener to North Stamford, Norwalk has won four straight games, including a 15-2 win over Stamford American in its first game in the double-elimination championship round. Stamford National went 4-0 in pool play to earn the top seed in Pool B. The District 1 championship game is scheduled to be played on Saturday at Frank Noto Field in Stamford.
Norwalk is 4-1 in the 11-year-old tournament and meets Springdale Monday at 5:30 p.m. at Springdale. Norwalk beat North Stamford, 13-1, on Sunday in its first game of the championship round. The 11-year-old championship game is scheduled for Saturday at 2 p.m. at Frank Noto Field.
Norwalk’s 10-year-old All-Stars finished 4-0 in pool play and play Stamford National on Monday at Caporizzo Field in Stamford at 5:45 p.m. Norwalk earned the top seed in Pool B and has outscored opponents, 48-16. Saturday's 10-year-old championship game starts at noon at Frank Noto Field.
For complete schedules and results of the District 1 Little League tournament, visit the District 1 website.
- 1 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Rain, Snow Threaten Norwalk On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Woman’s Death After Being Struck By Metro-North Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 5 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter