Connecticut was ranked 10th overall as a great place to be a teacher, according to the personal finance website WalletHub.
Analysts compared the teaching opportunities in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. based on 16 metrics.
The data analyzed pupil-teacher ratio, average starting salary, school safety and other areas.
- Third: Median Annual Salary for Teachers (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- Sixth: 10-Year Change in Teacher Salaries
- Sixth: Pupil-Teacher Ratio
- 12th: WalletHub “School Systems” Ranking
- 19th: School Safety
- 20th: Teacher-Friendliness
The Constitution State finished behind New Jersey, ranked first, and New York, which was ranked seventh.
The bottom five were Mississippi, Oregon, Arizona, West Virginia and Hawaii.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.