NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk HIgh School Marching Bears put on their best show of the year Saturday at Trumbull High School and kept their winning streak alive in the Music Arts Conference competition.
Competing in the National Class of schools (top level), Norwalk scored a season high score of 84.85. Newtown High School finished second with 80.75. The host of the competition, Trumbull High School, performed in exhibition, as is the custom for host schools.
The Marching Bears also won individual awards for Best Music, Best Visual, Best General Effect, Best Color Guard (Auxiliary) and Best Percussion.
The programs for all of these schools are constantly changing and undergoing refinement as the season progresses. The students adapt to a new program each week.
Norwalk's band has another busy weekend in store. It will play at halftime of Saturday's home football game between Norwalk and Trumbull, which is scheduled to kick off at 3 p.m. The band will then zip to Newtown for another night of competition.
Norwalk is scheduled to compete at 8:30 p.m. Saturday. Its main rivals, Trumbull and Newtown, will also be at the event.
- 1 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 2 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 3 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Norwalk Overnight
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield