NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk HIgh School Marching Bears put on their best show of the year Saturday at Trumbull High School and kept their winning streak alive in the Music Arts Conference competition.
Competing in the National Class of schools (top level), Norwalk scored a season high score of 84.85. Newtown High School finished second with 80.75. The host of the competition, Trumbull High School, performed in exhibition, as is the custom for host schools.
The Marching Bears also won individual awards for Best Music, Best Visual, Best General Effect, Best Color Guard (Auxiliary) and Best Percussion.
The programs for all of these schools are constantly changing and undergoing refinement as the season progresses. The students adapt to a new program each week.
Norwalk's band has another busy weekend in store. It will play at halftime of Saturday's home football game between Norwalk and Trumbull, which is scheduled to kick off at 3 p.m. The band will then zip to Newtown for another night of competition.
Norwalk is scheduled to compete at 8:30 p.m. Saturday. Its main rivals, Trumbull and Newtown, will also be at the event.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton