NORWALK, Conn. -- The First Lego League Team at Norwalk's Side by Side school recently won the state's trophy for "Core Values."
The Pink Panthers competed in the State Championship at Central Connecticut State University on Saturday, Dec. 7. The team was one of 49 teams in the competition but was the only one to win the state's trophy for "Core Values" and also earn one of five special awards, including a $200 award given out by the Institute for Electronics Electrical Engineers.
"Team Pink Panthers success at the state level this year was a tremendous accomplishment. Way to go Side by Side," said school director Matthew Nitoly.
The 2013 SBS Pink Panthers include Liberty Brown, Chris Shillinglaw, Tes DeJaeger, Kevin Nava, Yuuki Hosokawa, Taishi Hosokawa, Jonathon Randretsanilo, Adam Peter, Matthew Montanez and Sean Buzzee.
"Not only did SBS's team Pink Panther's earn a trip to the state championship, but they also won the trophy for the Core Values portion of the competition," a statement said. "In fact, it was noted by one judge from the FLL competition that she, 'couldn't believe the teamwork and camaraderie of our team's success' in this enrichment competition, which is a victory on many levels.
"It is rewarding to see that those same 'Core Values' that are a part of the mission of our program have been recognized on a stage like this. Way to go team Pink Panthers."
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton