NORWALK, Conn. -- Cranbury Elementary School in Norwalk will host a ceremony for the unveiling of a stained-glass window commissioned in memory of its former school nurse, Jeanine Brady, on Tuesday, June 10, at 4:30 p.m.
Brady had served as the school’s nurse for 10 years when she died in 2012 after a two-year battle with cancer. As a school nurse, Brady not only cared for children who came to her office feeling ill, she was also always available to anyone needing support, school officials said.
The stained-glass window will be installed in the front hall of the school. Students, facility, the PTO, and the outgoing fifth grade class generously made donations enabling the purchase of the window.
The unveiling ceremony will take place at the school at 10 Knowalot Lane in Norwalk. Current and former students and staff and their families are invited to attend.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say