NORWALK, Conn. – Wolfpit Elementary School in Norwalk will hold a vigil Thursday for the victims of last week’s deadly shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.
The event will be held on the lower field of the school, 1 Starlight Drive, beginning at 4:30 p.m. A total of 26 sky lanterns will be released, one for each lost child, teacher and administrator, said Andrew Todd, one of the organizers.
The names of each victim will be read aloud as a sky lantern is released. The event is open to the public, and those interested in reading one of the names are asked to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Norwalk Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 2 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Malloy Bans Travel Across Connecticut As Of 9 P.M. Due To Blizzard
- 5 Norwalk Mayor Declares Snow Emergency, Urges Residents To Stay Off Roads