NORWALK, Conn. – Wolfpit Elementary School in Norwalk will hold a vigil Thursday for the victims of last week’s deadly shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.
The event will be held on the lower field of the school, 1 Starlight Drive, beginning at 4:30 p.m. A total of 26 sky lanterns will be released, one for each lost child, teacher and administrator, said Andrew Todd, one of the organizers.
The names of each victim will be read aloud as a sky lantern is released. The event is open to the public, and those interested in reading one of the names are asked to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Raid That Left Norwalk Man Dead
- 3 Jake Ryan Noble, 21, Of Norwalk
- 4 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl