NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk High School Marching Bears won big Saturday night in Shelton -- a victory that sets them up for a trip to the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, N.Y.
Competing in the Musical Arts Conference’s National Class against Newtown and Trumbull, the Bears stayed unbeaten, barely. They posted a score of 92.45 while Trumbull posted 92.35. The Norwalk color guard also took top honors. Norwalk has won six straight Musical Arts Conference events this fall.
Next weekend the Bears will travel north to compete against the cream of the Northeast's crop when they compete in the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. From there they will return to host their home show, The Cavalcade of Bands, on Nov. 2. The season wraps up with the MAC Championships on Nov. 9 at Kennedy Stadium in Bridgeport.
- 1 Norwalk Winner Scoops Up $1M Powerball Windfall After Blizzard
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 4 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Norwalk
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation