NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk High School Marching Bears won big Saturday night in Shelton -- a victory that sets them up for a trip to the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, N.Y.
Competing in the Musical Arts Conference’s National Class against Newtown and Trumbull, the Bears stayed unbeaten, barely. They posted a score of 92.45 while Trumbull posted 92.35. The Norwalk color guard also took top honors. Norwalk has won six straight Musical Arts Conference events this fall.
Next weekend the Bears will travel north to compete against the cream of the Northeast's crop when they compete in the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. From there they will return to host their home show, The Cavalcade of Bands, on Nov. 2. The season wraps up with the MAC Championships on Nov. 9 at Kennedy Stadium in Bridgeport.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Husband Arrested In Slaying Of Norwalk Native Stationed At Fort Bliss