NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Marching Bears continued their winning ways as they posted their highest scores of the year in two out-of-state competitions last weekend.
On Saturday, the Bears marched to Long Island where they appeared in a New York State Field Band Conference competition hosted by the Walt Whitman High School of Huntington Station. With a score of 90.80 they were able to beat a polished Long Island band, Brentwood, which totaled 88.15.
The following day Norwalk traveled to LaGrange, N.Y.to a competition hosted by Arlington High School. There they posted a 90.10 as they again bested Brentwood (89.15).
This weekend the Marching Bears will head to Shelton for a Music Arts Conference (MAC) competition. Norwalk is unbeaten in MAC events this season. Norwalk will have its Cavalcade band competition on Nov. 2.
- 1 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten Norwalk On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Norwalk Could See 4 To 8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Woman’s Death After Being Struck By Metro-North Tops Norwalk Week’s News