NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Marching Bears continued their winning ways as they posted their highest scores of the year in two out-of-state competitions last weekend.
On Saturday, the Bears marched to Long Island where they appeared in a New York State Field Band Conference competition hosted by the Walt Whitman High School of Huntington Station. With a score of 90.80 they were able to beat a polished Long Island band, Brentwood, which totaled 88.15.
The following day Norwalk traveled to LaGrange, N.Y.to a competition hosted by Arlington High School. There they posted a 90.10 as they again bested Brentwood (89.15).
This weekend the Marching Bears will head to Shelton for a Music Arts Conference (MAC) competition. Norwalk is unbeaten in MAC events this season. Norwalk will have its Cavalcade band competition on Nov. 2.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7