NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Marching Bears continued their winning ways as they posted their highest scores of the year in two out-of-state competitions last weekend.
On Saturday, the Bears marched to Long Island where they appeared in a New York State Field Band Conference competition hosted by the Walt Whitman High School of Huntington Station. With a score of 90.80 they were able to beat a polished Long Island band, Brentwood, which totaled 88.15.
The following day Norwalk traveled to LaGrange, N.Y.to a competition hosted by Arlington High School. There they posted a 90.10 as they again bested Brentwood (89.15).
This weekend the Marching Bears will head to Shelton for a Music Arts Conference (MAC) competition. Norwalk is unbeaten in MAC events this season. Norwalk will have its Cavalcade band competition on Nov. 2.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 25 Arrests Were Made At Norwalk Schools In 2013
- 5 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury