NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Marching Bears continued their winning ways as they posted their highest scores of the year in two out-of-state competitions last weekend.
On Saturday, the Bears marched to Long Island where they appeared in a New York State Field Band Conference competition hosted by the Walt Whitman High School of Huntington Station. With a score of 90.80 they were able to beat a polished Long Island band, Brentwood, which totaled 88.15.
The following day Norwalk traveled to LaGrange, N.Y.to a competition hosted by Arlington High School. There they posted a 90.10 as they again bested Brentwood (89.15).
This weekend the Marching Bears will head to Shelton for a Music Arts Conference (MAC) competition. Norwalk is unbeaten in MAC events this season. Norwalk will have its Cavalcade band competition on Nov. 2.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 Driver Of Norwalk Transit Bus Ticketed After Crash On MLK Drive
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say