NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk High School Marching Bears precision marching band continued its winning ways as it rolled to another victory Saturday at Newtown High School.
Competing in the National Class of bands in the Musical Arts Conference event, Norwalk posted a total of 87.6. Trumbull finished second with 86. Norwalk has won four MAC events this fall. Trumbull has been the runner-up in three of those competitions.
The victory capped another long day for the Marching Bears, who practiced in the morning and helped root on the football team in its home game before making the long journey to Newtown.
Norwalk has increased its total score by 11 points over the course of the season already as modifies and fine tunes the program.
This weekend Norwalk will perform on Saturday night at the Walt Whitman High School in Huntington, Long Island in a New York State Field Band Conference contest. On Sundayy, they will compete at Arlington High School in LaGrange, N.Y.
- 1 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 2 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Norwalk Basketball Community Stunned By Coach's Sudden Death
- 4 Norwalk Woman Arrested After Westport Drug Raid
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk