NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk High School Marching Bears precision marching band continued its winning ways as it rolled to another victory Saturday at Newtown High School.
Competing in the National Class of bands in the Musical Arts Conference event, Norwalk posted a total of 87.6. Trumbull finished second with 86. Norwalk has won four MAC events this fall. Trumbull has been the runner-up in three of those competitions.
The victory capped another long day for the Marching Bears, who practiced in the morning and helped root on the football team in its home game before making the long journey to Newtown.
Norwalk has increased its total score by 11 points over the course of the season already as modifies and fine tunes the program.
This weekend Norwalk will perform on Saturday night at the Walt Whitman High School in Huntington, Long Island in a New York State Field Band Conference contest. On Sundayy, they will compete at Arlington High School in LaGrange, N.Y.
- 1 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later
- 5 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores