NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk High School Marching Bears precision marching band continued its winning ways as it rolled to another victory Saturday at Newtown High School.
Competing in the National Class of bands in the Musical Arts Conference event, Norwalk posted a total of 87.6. Trumbull finished second with 86. Norwalk has won four MAC events this fall. Trumbull has been the runner-up in three of those competitions.
The victory capped another long day for the Marching Bears, who practiced in the morning and helped root on the football team in its home game before making the long journey to Newtown.
Norwalk has increased its total score by 11 points over the course of the season already as modifies and fine tunes the program.
This weekend Norwalk will perform on Saturday night at the Walt Whitman High School in Huntington, Long Island in a New York State Field Band Conference contest. On Sundayy, they will compete at Arlington High School in LaGrange, N.Y.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Norwalk Teen Reports He Was Robbed On East Avenue
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced