NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Education Foundation's Board of Directors recently added two new appointments.
Elizabeth Reid has been named chair of the board and Kelly Giordano has been named vice chair. Reid, who is supervisor for the Public Defender’s Office at Norwalk Superior Court, joined the NEF Board in fall 2012 and Giordano has served on the NEF board since June 2012.
“The NEF Board is extremely fortunate to have someone as talented and community-minded as Liz Reid moving into a key leadership role," said former board chair Paula Palermo. "Liz’s passion and Kelly’s deep experience with philanthropic organizations makes for a winning team."
Reid serves on the Southwestern Regional Mental Health Board Advisory Committee. Giordano has worked for Newman’s Own Foundation as Grants Manager since 2010 and previously worked in corporate philanthropy for Lehman Brothers.
The Norwalk Education Foundation also appointed two new Board members in October 2013, Roz McCarthy, Director of the Center for Global Studies at Brien McMahon High School and Linda Dunsmore, a real estate agent with Berkshire Hathaway Home Services New England Properties in Norwalk, according to a release.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report