NORWALK, Conn. – Steven Greenberg, CBS Radio News job expert and host of the CBS Radio daily feature “Your Next Job,” will offer an Extended Studies course at Norwalk Community College starting later this month.
The course is aimed at helping students improve their job search and interviewing skills. The course, “Finding Your Next Job!” mixes humor, empathy and a healthy dose of reality. Students will be encouraged to share their job search experiences and learn from one another. Guest lecturers from major employers in the area will offer insider advice about today’s job search environment. The cost of the non-credit course is $99.
Course topics will include:
- Understanding the realities of the new job market
- Some of the deadly mistakes to avoid with search
- How to improve your resume and boost self-promotion
- Knowing the two most important words to use in job interviews
- The most essential yet often overlooked part of job search
- Learning how to handle rejection and failure
- Exploring opportunities for self-employment
The 12-week course will meet on Fridays from 9 to 10:30 a.m., from Jan. 27 until April 21. There will be no class on Feb. 17 and 24 and April 14.
For more information on how to register, click here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.