NORWALK, Conn.– The Extended Studies & Workforce Education at Norwalk Community College will be offering a noncredit certificate program for up-and-coming professions within the New Workforce.
Extended Studies helps ready students for opportunities in new careers by awarding certificates in fast-growing fields such as health care, information technology, real estate, travel, small business startup and enterprise management.
The courses, which span a variety of growing industry sectors, start this September and October.
Here are the course offerings for this fall:
- Certified Professional Coder – Provides the necessary skills to pursue a career as a successful medical coder (begins Sept. 11).
- Retail Customer Service & Sales – Students completing the course requirements receive an NCC Retail Customer Service and Sales Certificate (begins Oct. 24).
- Entrepreneurs Institute – Provides motivated and self-directed students with the tools to develop a business concept and determine its viability for a successful launch (begins Oct. 23).
- Microsoft Technology Associate – Designed for those intending to build a career in data platform administration or business intelligence (begins Sept. 9).
- Non-Profit Management – Teaches the basic skills needed to operate a successful non-profit organization (begins Sept. 12).
- Personal Care Attendant – Provides advanced training in personal care, professional skills and caregiver responsibilities for the elderly, sick or disabled (begins Sept. 8).
For more information, call 203-857-7080 or visit http://www.norwalk.edu/dept/extstudies .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.